My Updated Working-From-Home Desk Setup
February 5, 2022
An update to my original post from September 2020. The new setup is a lot cleaner thanks to the Elgato Multimount, which carries my light, camera, and microphone all on a single mount system.
Desk and Mount Arms
- Jarvis Standing Desk, $569 - I got one of the smaller sizes, and it is fully adjustable, and easy to move.
- Acoustic Desk Divider, $74 - Fewer visual distractions from the rest of the room.
- Jarvis Monitor Arm, $99
- Elgato Multimount, $150 as configured - Modular system of mounts and arms which supports very flexible placement. This holds everything except for my monitor exactly where I want it.
Display and Input
- Dell 27” 4K monitor, $540
- Happy Hacking Keyboard Hybrid Type-S, $337 - Compact, mechanical but quiet keys, bluetooth.
- Magic Trackpad, $129
- Stream Deck XL, $249 - Great for fast access to critical apps, hotkeys and macros. I wrote a post about the Stream Deck Mini and customizing icons for your StreamDeck.
- Blue Yeti X Microphone, $139 - A solid podcasting / streaming mic that works over USB.
Camera and Lighting
- Logitech C920, $89: Having an external cam is an upgrade in quality and positioning. There are better systems
- Elgato Key Light, $199: People need to be able to see my evenly-lit face.
Equipment I No longer Use
- Pipishell 25 Inch Webcam Gooseneck Stand, $22:
This stand works without a low profile on the desk - due to the clamp mount - and the gooseneck works well.Obsoleted by the Elgato Multimount above.
- Topo Edge Standing Desk Mat, $99: Still a great piece of equipment, but I use it less thanks to a knee injury.